Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Grey Months

I find the hardest month to get through for me is February. It has the fewest days, but seems to go on forever. I find myself trying to find ways to push through it, only to find that March isn't much better. I think this might be one of reasons I didn't fare that well in Seattle. While those years were the best for me financially, I was also at my most depressed. I know eventually the sun will shine again, and green will return, but I find it most difficult to remain optimistic during these times. Many other times, I've gotten lost in a fog. Finding it difficult to do the things that I love best like reading, writing, hiking, and even karate. I know from past experience I can make it through these months, but it seems to get harder with every year. This year, I vow to use these grey months for creative purposes. I know I can write better than a lot of published authors. I just have to push my self through the submission stages and not fear rejection.

No comments:

Post a Comment